Sample Type / Medical Specialty: Cardiovascular / Pulmonary
Sample Name: Transesophageal Echocardiogram - 2
Transesophageal echocardiogram due to vegetation and bacteremia. Normal left ventricular size and function. Echodensity involving the aortic valve suggestive of endocarditis and vegetation. Doppler study as above most pronounced being moderate-to-severe aortic insufficiency.
(Medical Transcription Sample Report)
REASON FOR EXAM:
Vegetation and bacteremia.PROCEDURE:
The procedure and its complications were explained to the patient in detail and formal consent was obtained. The patient was brought to special procedure unit. His throat was anesthetized with lidocaine spray. Subsequently, 2 mg of IV Versed was given for sedation. The patient was positioned. Probe was introduced without any difficulty. The patient tolerated the procedure very well. Probe was taken out. No complications were noted. Findings are as mentioned below.FINDINGS:
1. Left ventricle has normal size and dimensions with normal function. Ejection fraction of 60%.
2. Left atrium and right-sided chambers were of normal size and dimensions.
3. Left atrial appendage is clean without any clot or smoke effect.
4. Atrial septum is intact. Bubble study was negative.
5. Mitral valve is structurally normal.
6. Aortic valve reveals echodensity suggestive of vegetation.
7. Tricuspid valve was structurally normal.
8. Doppler reveals moderate mitral regurgitation and moderate-to-severe aortic regurgitation.
9. Aorta is benign.IMPRESSION:
1. Normal left ventricular size and function.
2. Echodensity involving the aortic valve suggestive of endocarditis and vegetation.
3. Doppler study as above most pronounced being moderate-to-severe aortic insufficiency.
cardiovascular / pulmonary, ventricle, atrium, atrial, septum, mitral valv, aortic valve, tricuspid valve, doppler, ventricular size, transesophageal echocardiogram, severe aortic, bacteremia, transesophageal, echocardiogram, echodensity, vegetation, valve, aortic,
transcribed medical transcription sample reports and examples are provided by various users and
are for reference purpose only. MTHelpLine does not certify accuracy and quality of sample reports.
These transcribed medical transcription sample reports may include some uncommon or unusual formats;
this would be due to the preference of the dictating physician. All names and dates have been
changed (or removed) to keep confidentiality. Any resemblance of any type of name or date or
place or anything else to real world is purely incidental.